Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Federal Medical Database - anyone else worried?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

11thHour

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=87322

Yes - I realize it is a WND article, but it's the only reference I could find regarding this issue. WHat prompted me was a speech I saw by Obama where he mentioned this.

So, a database which you cannot opt out of, which includes all prescriptions you've ever taken, all diagnosis, symptoms, etc etc. It doesn't specifically say what entities would have access to your electronic file, but being that it would be a Federal database, administered and overseen by Feds, I would bet that THE feds, ie FAA would be given special priviledge to access this.

Anyone else see the potential end of flying careers coming in the next few years?

Here is the simple story. If you do not answer the question with a truthful answer, "are you now taking any prescription or non-prescription drugs?" You have falsified a federal document. If you don't answer truthfully all of the yes/no medical questions it is the same. If you don't answer the "visits to a doctor" question truthfully it is the same. Not only will your certificates be revoked but you could be charged under Title 18 Sec. 1001 USC.

So if you answer the questions on the medical exam truthfully then you don't have a problem. If the FAA is able to access medical records like driver records, so what? It will only catch the ones that don't need to be flying.

I agree with gulfstream. if "are you now taking any prescription or non-prescription drugs?" Always list the doctor visits and let them do the leg work if they need additional information.

Dude, this scares me. Linking up my doctors is not a good look for me. Let's hope this doesn't happen for old Amish's sake. The AME process has always been a joke.

My cynical side says it is just the government wanting to pry into the lives of its citizens. True we should be open and honest, but we don't hold, nor enforce, that standard to our esteemed politicians and bureaucrats.
In reality, how many "bad things" have happened due to a medical condition that was "covered up"?

Latest resources

Back