Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ernest T. Bass

Registered Offender
Does anyone know anything about the two rocket scientist civil servants out of the MEM FSDO who geared up the King Air???

I understand they kept their jobs and licenses in tact...would that have happened to any of us...I think not. I wonder if they had to do a 609 ride???

I have the tail number somewhere...I'll have to find it....here it is...N404DP.

It got a new paint job and left engine courtesy of you - the American taxpayer....now I've heard it all.....

Well if Navy Top Gun pilots can do it, why not Feds? The ANG ran one out of gas where I used to live in the south, no that takes some thinking. :rolleyes:

609?

Ernest T. Bass said:
I wonder if they had to do a 609 ride???
Showing your age buddy.

It's now a 709 ride. But, I still don't think they did one. It was the MEM FSDO Mafia that approved of Pinnacle Airlines...Remember?

You wouldn't lose your license either. Why would you? I will guarantee you there will be a 709. I prepared a lot of people as a CFI for their then 609. Nobody likes a cop in their rearview mirror, and this is no different. Let's criticize every pilot that has an accident. It happens, nobody is infallible. The fact you have been brained washed to disapprove of the FAA is very unfortunate. I have never run across a bad Fed. All of us attempt to be professional pilots, but different circumstances deliver different outcomes. Look at FedEx's last couple days. Not very good. Thank god nobody appears to be hurt. Be careful with your criticism. Having been in the airlines for 6.5 yrs, I enjoy seeing the FAA and talking with them. Do you think they don't know we don't want to see them? Most don't anyways. Some are excellent sticks to. Good luck.

Feel better now?

Exactly how many Feds have you had on your jumpseat? How many ramp checks? How many Feds have you watched in the Sim performing under pressure?

I have a few very close friends....and they are Feds. Don't lecture me Junior!

Last edited:
Since I cannot seem to edit my last post.

I would if I could.

Sh!t happens.

All of the feds I've met have been just fine people. They're there to do their job just like we are. So they screwed up...it happens.

-mini

Wow, 6.5 WHOLE years at the airlines - IMPRESSIVE!!!!!! With that type of operational experience you must be ready to move into mgt....VP of Flt OPs, maybe???

Dude, I've had my fair share of dealings with the Imperial Federal Government, and most of them are, indeed, good people, but you can rest assured that if you had geared up your little Barbie/Jungle Jet and happened to be a check airman at the time, you wouldn't be one now, but these two clowns still are, and probably - as I said - with NO ride.

I have delt directly with the MEM FSDO as an airline and corporate pilot and I can tell you that, not only are they inept, they do, indeed, have a mafia mentality, as mentioned above. Furthermore, I can also tell you that 99.999% of them are in those jobs because they couldn't hack it flying the line. Hell, they're the ones that signed off on that rigorous training program over at 9E, right. Anyone remember Greg, the former bag destroyer who used to be a ground instructor, for Christ's sake?

BTW, come talk to me when you've been doing this for about 10 more years and your vast operational experience may carry some merit. Now, go back to walking around the terminal, talking on your cell phone and carrying your nonfat, decaf, double-whipped latte that you flew .2 to pay for and have a nice day.

Latest resources

Back