Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fed ex/UPS vs. Major Passenger Airlines.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
I’m interested to hear the differences between working for Cargo companies; and Major Passenger Airline’s as pilots. The pros and cons to both; the pay differences, QOL, do FedEx & UPS pilots get travel benefits, etc. I’d just like to hear from both sides why either would be a more desirable workplace and why.

Fly safe,
TA

:D :cool:

UPS

UPS pilots don't get the travel benefits that most airline pilots do.

I think being a freight guy has it's good and bad points. It's looking these days like the good points are outweighing the bad....it wasn't always that way.

In most ways, pax vs freight points are moot. You take the first good job that comes along and hope for the best. Pay is pretty close and QOL on the freight side is similar if you can stand working nights.

I'm glad to be where I am and wouldn't trade places with anyone.

I'll agree with everything that de727ups said and in addition at FedEx we also fly during the day because of the postal contract. I flew pax's at my previous job and I really don't miss it one bit. My wife is a pilot for a pax carrier so we get travel benefits that way. To tell you the truth we don't travel that much any way so it's really a moot point. If we go on vacation we just buy tickets so we don't have to worry about making the flight. The pay is pretty good now since everyone else has been taking pay cuts. Well, I hope that helps. Take care.

NightFlyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back