FED-EX Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

passion4flying

Has anyone ever heard of people getting hired with FED-EX with all of the qualfications met except a 4 year degree.

Not recently. I've flown some captains that don't have 4 year degrees, but they were hired in the early days of Fedex. Unless the pool of pilots gets really small I think the degree is going to be mandatory.

NightFlyer

I've heard rumors that guy preceding John Ryder was VERY tough on guys who didn't have degree, even though there wasn't a firm req for one at time. I'm new, and that may just be some gossip among some internal hire guys, but forewarned is forearmed.

To all of you wannabes...mil or civ right now....if you aren't flying then GO TO SCHOOL! This is a great time to get that monkey off your back.

Maverick...you listening?

He's the head honcho, the big cheese, top dog, numero uno.

The 4 year degree is still a hard requirement when you look at who has been hired. There was talk last spring when we were hiring 50 a month that if any requirement would be scaled back, it might be the 4 year degree. That was when our applicant pool had dwindled down to the 1500ish number. After 9/11, it shot back up to 9K plus so I don't think they will defer the 4 year degree requirement for a while. Sorry.

Latest resources

Back