fed ex dress jumpseat attire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tired_pilot

15. "Each person using this privilege must observe strict professional conduct and decorum. FedEx
ramps are generally very busy, there are few amenities, and all boarding requires outside
exposure (there are no jetways). FedEx ramps require safe and reasonable dress policy.
Appropriate footwear and attire are required to ride the jumpseat. Appropriate dress allows for
casual attire such as athletic shoes and blue jeans. Inappropriate clothing, such as t-shirts,
shorts, high heel shoes and sandals, will result in denial of the jumpseat. No one is permitted to
travel with facial hair other than a moustache"

I know it says jeans and tennis shoes are ok, my question is do jumpseaters actually show up that casual? I dont want to show up looking like any more of a goofball them I probably already am! Thanks, happy holidays!

Last edited:
Yes -- blue jeans and tennis shoes are not uncommon.
Cookies-in-hand are always a plus ;).

Z

I know it says jeans and tennis shoes are ok, my question is do jumpseaters actually show up that casual? I dont want to show up looking like any more of a goofball them I probably already am!

Why not dress in a pair of slacks and a shirt with a collar and remove all doubt? Is there some rule that says we should dress to the lowest standard possible when asking for a free flight to somewhere? Looking sharp, being polite, and yes, a bag of treats for the crew are always the signs of a class act, and reflect well on both you and your company's fellow crewmembers.

Why not dress in a pair of slacks and a shirt with a collar and remove all doubt? Is there some rule that says we should dress to the lowest standard possible when asking for a free flight to somewhere? Looking sharp, being polite, and yes, a bag of treats for the crew are always the signs of a class act, and reflect well on both you and your company's fellow crewmembers.

But, casual, comfortable and some fruit will work...right?

The on time I rode on FedEx, the crew and I were the only ones in uniform. The other jumpseaters had on jeans and nice shirt and most wore sneakers. I think it's a nice perk. Next time I ride, cookies will definitely be coming. You guys are awesome!

Latest resources

Back