• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fed Ex article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't know that we were in contract negotiations. This guy (the writer) really did his research!!!

I'll bite.

Wall Street focuses quarter to quarter. That's a great way to manage a fantasy baseball team, but a terrible way to run a global company.

One of the reasons I chose to work here was the long history of solid decisions made by the corporation. You could say similar things about SWA. Remember--financial writers write for firms that make money TRADING. Up and down, in and out of positions....buy or sell...they make money. Buying and holding reducing commissions but increases long term gains.

FedEx bought Tigers in the late 80s. Stupid, stupid, stupid was the mantra then on the street. It took half a decade, but the investment in Asia has paid off handsomely and put he company in the driver's seat abroad. Quick--want to send a package? Where's the closest FedEx office? Okay--where is the closest KINKOS? Fedex didn't buy Kinkos to make copies--it bought it to get more store fronts and business exposure. I think it will mirror the long term wisdom of the FT purchase.

Now--wanna see Wall Street's mood swings? Lately they are talking up Delta's new reissued stock post Chapter 11. Anyone want a piece of that action? I'm not saying its a bad investment--but c'mon.... The reason its a good investment NOW is because everyone holding the stock 2 years ago got TRASHED. Wall Street likes quarterly numbers--not sound companies investing with a 10 year or greater outlook. Guys like Warren Buffett got rich by buying and holding stocks Wall Street hated and had out of favor.

I'll put my confidence in our BOD and Fred Smith before any of the talking heads on CNBC or the financial rags. Then again--I'm just a pilot...and I may be wrong...

Only 7% revenue growth in the last year.

Dammit.

Only 7% revenue growth in the last year.

Dammit.

cowboy mouth....i remember them. college radio band. from the ealry 90's. the album cover had that little kid wearing a cowboy hat flashing his big, toothy grin....
good times, good music,
iball

Remember ALPA twice in the early 70's tired to shut down FedEx becasue they were stealing cargo business from the ALPA airlines.

Latest resources

Back