FE written-Will it still be required?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gobi Gred

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this. Now that many of the majors have stopped flying aircraft requiring a Flight Engineer, I was wondering if the majors will still require a FE written when they start hiring again.

It will go with out saying that if the company has a three person crew, you need to have it done.

If they don't, The person that scored in the high 90's on it will have a leg up on you, who has nothing to show. If nobody in the pool has it done and you do, it just shows how far you will go to get thier attention!!!

Short answer, Just Do It! Can't hurt.

ALOHA

FE written

See what the hiring requirements are when the majors start hiring and take steps to fill them.

I understand that United has about retired the last of its 727s (that may be incorrect). I don't know for sure about American or Delta and their three-seat airplanes. Of course, freight still flies three-seat aircraft of various types. You have to count in freight with the majors.

I'd bet that having the FE written completed will be a requirement for at least a few more years. It won't hurt you in the least to take it. It'll cost you some time, maybe a weekend school and the exam fee. I'd do it if I were you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back