• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

FE & 727 memory items

jsoceanlord

Total Time
I'm in a little over my head as far as boeings

anyone know an easy way to the memory items for B 727?

thanks. what's involved in a FE rating? obviously a written test, but also an oral? and a practical (at a panel) ?

if you have a 727 type, can you also fly as FE ?

any excellent places to get a quick FE rating?

thanks

RichardFitzwell

Total Time
I agree with Jim that the FE is a seperate check ride. I thought it was one of my more challenging rides yet. Not only do you have to know how to manually parallel generators and understand ancient electrical systems, balance fuel tanks with multiple engine failures and control hydraulic and pressurization problems but you also have to work with the guys flying to manage your time and know where you are during the flight. I guess it sounds easier than it is. Good luck.

TurboS7

Total Time
The secret of memorizing the memory items on the 727 is sitting down on the flight deck or on the panel and actually pulling levers and touching things. After a while you will never forget them.

Essential Power-operating generator
Thrust lever -idle
Engine start switch -cutoff
Engine fire switch-pull etc,etc.

av8or98

Total Time
2k+
Memory items are usually different at every operator. I suggest getting some note cards and writing the name of the checklist on one side and the memory items on the other side. As far as the check-ride, you'll have to take a written test, oral, and practical test at the panel.
For the oral you'll have to know everything about every light switch and guage. What buss are the fuel shut-off valve lights on, which boost pumps are powered with essencial power, when the pack trip off light comes on what exactly is happening, etc. Here are a few easy acronyms:
A system hydraulics

N-ose wheel steering
E-levator
A-ilerons
T-ail skid
G-round spoilers
O-utboard spoilers
L-anding gear
L-ower rudder
F-laps

B system hydraulics

Brake In Up Stairs Every Afternoon
Brakes, Inboard spoilers, Upper rudder, Aft Stairs, Elevator, Aileron

Inboard Flaps

P-ack fans
A-uto pack trip
R-udder load limiter
I-nflight speedbrake warning
S-tall warning

Outboard Flaps

G-PWS
O-utboard ailerons
L-eading edge flap control
F-lap warning

Good luck, if you can get the electrical system under control everything else will be a piece of cake.

72Longhorn

Total Time
5000+
B-727 F/E Help.

When I went through F/E ground School I purchased a B-727 systems book from a guy that sells 'em down in Florida.

It has everything you can think of, including everything mentioned above. It's called, "The B727 Cockpit Review." and I strongly recomend it.

If you want the info here it is:

www.ramairpublications.com
or call 'em at 877-RAMAIR B727

Good Luck!

It's a tough one.

72Longhorn