FDX Update from the SCP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AlbieF15 said:
...may have been a misprint...the TWO ENGINE idea has been bantered around with some seriousness...

There was serious consideration of a two man 727 10-15 years ago at FedEx. My guess is that the new proposal will mirror the MD11/10 program and flown by MD11 crews.:rolleyes: BTW there have also been studies of using the Concorde for small packages, making the MD11 air to air refueling capable.:) When service to Europe was started the B727 was the aircraft crossing the Atlantic.:beer:

AlbieF15 said:
...may have been a misprint...the TWO ENGINE idea has been bantered around with some seriousness...

No misprint, at least in the rumor department. This has been talked about a lot lately...paste two large engines on the pods, and put the APU up in the tail where #2 is right now.

I also thought it interesting that the aircraft type for the European domicile is up for discussion. I'd think taking the 'bus out of Europe would be a deal-breaker for any EU company to allow us to operate there.

He didn't mention the contract, by the null-hypothesis this means we'll have one soon, right?

Don't want to derail the topic, but what are "Golden Nuggets" and "Purple Nuggets"?

I haven't been to McDonalds lately, but I don't think those are choices on the dollar menu...

iaflyer said:
Don't want to derail the topic, but what are "Golden Nuggets" and "Purple Nuggets"?

I haven't been to McDonalds lately, but I don't think those are choices on the dollar menu...

The way I understand it is that all new hires are now called Purple Nuggets. The Golden Nuggets I guess were hand picked out of the pool to go to MD-11 class. Everyone else gets called based on when they were put into the pool. These folks will probably go to 727 class.

Falconjet said:
Here's something I learned today at the FedEx Council 26 (Memphis) meeting in regard to the retro pay/signing bonus issue.

Evidently, the company would have to go back each year and re-state their earnings.

Evidently, a signing bonus does not require such financial machinations by the bean counters.
FJ

Good maybe next time they won't wait so long if the Reto pay is hard on them. Force the reto and set the stage for the next contract this 3yr delay should be hard on them. I'm sure they have made enough money to cover the extra pain their dragging their feet may cause. :uzi:

Back to the original post. Pardon if this is blatantly obvious, but yes, I need it spelled out for me....
"August, Sept, Oct will be big New Hire months." Then later it says "we'll crank up interviews about the first of the year."

So Aug, Sept, Oct will be class starts for new hires (purple nuggets), or hiring of new people?

Thanks

malterf15 said:
Back to the original post. Pardon if this is blatantly obvious, but yes, I need it spelled out for me....
"August, Sept, Oct will be big New Hire months." Then later it says "we'll crank up interviews about the first of the year."

So Aug, Sept, Oct will be class starts for new hires (purple nuggets), or hiring of new people?

Thanks

They will drain the pool as quickly as possible starting this month, then begin interviewing around the new year.

MemTrash said:
Good maybe next time they won't wait so long if the Retro pay is hard on them. Force the retro and set the stage for the next contract this 3yr delay should be hard on them. I'm sure they have made enough money to cover the extra pain their dragging their feet may cause. :uzi:

Agreed! No TA without retro pay!

Showing any weakness about this issue now will only set a bad precedent for future negotiations. If we're forced to "negotiate" under these artificial and capricious conditions the least we can do is make them "pay for the delay".

Latest resources

Back