• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dewey Oxberger

Any questions?
Hello all,

I'm hoping to get from EWR to HNL next week and it looks like FedEx might be the best option (CO 15 just about full). I used FDX 2 months ago and it was a great experience, I do have their # and the jumpseat website info. I'm just curious, what's there to do for 4 1/2 hrs in MEM during the day? Is there a lounge for transient jumpseaters with access to food, wireless internet, etc.? Also, last time the CA said all flights over 4 hours are catered. Does this include the jumpseater? Thanks for any info,

-Dewey

We have a jumpseat lounge at MEM that has TV's, vending machines, lots of chairs and a few recliners. There are also a couple of computers with internet access, but from what I remember (haven't used them in quite a while) they were pretty slow. I don't think there's any wireless access for offliners. As far as food other than the vending machines, the AOC cafeteria is open during normal lunch hours and is just around the corner outside of security. Other than that there's nothing to do within walking distance.
Regarding catering, domestic flights are not catered for jumpseaters. The MEM-HNL leg should have a meal for the jumpseater, but that has been known to fall through the cracks.

Good luck on your trip,

Z

Latest resources

Back