FDX/DL, CASS, and you

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAGNUM!! said:
Tried to jump on DL out of ATL a couple weeks ago. They couldn't find me in CASS, and the gate agent said my airline must not participate. I know that ain't true.

I've heard all kinds of rumor and hearsay, but what is DL's j/s relationship with FDX? Will they only let one jumper on? What about empty seats in the back? How come they won't fill the seats up with jumpseaters if the seats are available? Do we have a CASS arrangement with DL?

It usually doesn't affect me, but I'm trying to to j/s to VPS in a couple weeks. DL is pretty much the best way to get there, but I'm wondering if I should go through somewhere other than ATL. Thanks in advance!

Spring Break cranking up already down there Magnum??? I know its a pain in the arse to get down there from mid Feb till April but the eye candy is incredible!!

SSDD said:
Of course they do! Its all negotiated. When DL reduced the flying out of DFW, they needed someone to commute on, who are the big dogs in Dallas? AA and WN. There's your answer.

But why on those two NON ALPA carriers??? If you are going to go to an unlimited policy why screw the brotherhood? Typical DL.

FedExFlyer said:
Spring Break cranking up already down there Magnum??? I know its a pain in the arse to get down there from mid Feb till April but the eye candy is incredible!!

Dirty Old Man!:laugh:

FedExFlyer said:

You ain't lyin'. I lived in Destin for 3 years while my dumb a*** had a chica in SMF. I felt like I was living on Temptation Island for real.

32LT10,

Because the "ALPA brotherhood" if there is such a thing, was not a consideration, it was all ME,ME,ME. They needed a ride in and out of Dallas and the ones that were in the best position to provide it were AA and WN.

Gummo said:
As far as getting from ATL to VPS, most of the flights are ASA, not the mainline. All of the 4xxx flights to VPS are ASA. ASA is non-CASS, but will take as many jumpseaters in the back as there are open seats (usual CRJ W&B issues aside).

Gummo

Thanks, bro, that's good to know. I think I may still go thru MEM and just use NW. Thanks again!

Delta and CASS

Spoke to our JS Coordinator. At the present time, Delta has not added FedEx to their CASS list. It probably is related to the inability to display electronic photos of the crewmember. Everyone in CASS will have to have the digital photos up and running by the end of this year.

Latest resources

Back