Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FDX"Big Bid" Rumor - (TAZ do not look here!!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
klhoard said:
OK TAZ, that is 2 "FFI" demerits for you. . . . . .

You guys are like bullies in the school yard. I agree with TAZ, you all need to grow up.

After flyboeingjets remark I take back a previous statement, now the SWA guys have started to digress. :rolleyes:

VaB said:
On a lighter note, it sure was a joy to rip all those useless NDB approaches out of my Jepps today. Heard that the 11 won't be doing them in training anymore very soon.
You just now got around to doing that? :)

(Confession: I just did mine last night in Great Falls. :) )

I was wondering if that's just a Boeing thing, or if they're coming out of the MD-11 books, too. 'Cuz if they are, that's gonna put a bit of a crimp in the recurrent profile. No more NDBs at Indy means they'll either get out early, finally have a chance to repeat items, or they'll come back to MEM for the NDB approaches (I noticed the one in MEM hasn't been deleted - - yet. DRATS!)

So, what's going on with the NDBs?

We aren't doing them in MD-11 training anymore. I am kind of bummed, I mean, they were the easiest non-precision approaches to do. I guess I will get my Elvis fix on the ILS 9, he he. And it means you HAVE to do the VOR 18R. Ugh. Hope the winds are going the right way....

And of course, in their place.... RNAV/GPS, got an FCIF today that the MD-11 is a green light for all of 'em. So, I think when it comes to filing Jepp pages, we might have to do more overall. Of course, that electronic flight back is right around the corner (say with oozing sarcasm...)

Howdy Y'all,

Thank you, Disco, for the intro to this forum.

I was supposed to get the NDB training today in the sim, but the approaches are not in the database on the MD11!!!!! I guess next week's class will be the first to train on the GPS.

Earlier in the thread, my email list was mentioned. I wanted to clarify the rumor of the big bid in August. The number I put on the email was one of several numbers I heard on the crew busses. The number was in the middle of a range. Today, I heard they'e planning on @ 800 training cycles the next 12 months. A cycle is an upgrade or transition training.

I wonder why I'm not receiving the JetFlyer any more...
I'm not getting the other e-list, either, and had assumed perhaps they had both been discontinued.

Apparently not...

Hmmmm...

No, I still keep my address book. Dick switched to RR and they won't let him send out any more than groups of 20.

I have only sent out 3 emails in the last 3 months.

If you haven't received it, send me your name and address again. [email protected]

What probably happened is I received an "undeliverable message" to one of my postings, and I deleted those addresses. I get about 5 to 10 each time I send a Jetflyer. I just delete the address.

I know one day all the @msn addresses came back. I had deleted about 6 of them when I realized they were all MSN. Their server must have been down.

-See you

jetflyersteve said:
Earlier in the thread, my email list was mentioned. I wanted to clarify the rumor of the big bid in August. The number I put on the email was one of several numbers I heard on the crew busses. The number was in the middle of a range. Today, I heard they'e planning on @ 800 training cycles the next 12 months. A cycle is an upgrade or transition training.
You heard it on the crew bus? Well that is more than enough substantiation for this place!!! Welcome aboard!!!

So, Tony C isn't going to sponsor this guy?!!!

klhoard said:
Well, first you have to be able to read and comprehend the English language. . .

Man, if only he had a spell-checker. He could have been someone!

Thanks.

I had someone ask me what the Jetflyer is.

We are all jetflyers. I happen to use that as my email address 6 or 7 years ago. It started out on Compuserve when everyone used their forums. I was one of the sysops for the FPA (FedEx Pilot's Assoc) Forum.
My block rep was John York. The fall before our first contract, John and I were having lunch and discussing the fact that we hadn't come up with a phone tree or something to communicate to all if there was news to tell quickly. I thought that most of the 260 pilots in our block had emails. In fact, 65% did at that time. We came up with a group email list and then each one of those guys had to make one phone call to their friends without emails. I then added those from the FPA forum. Then John Summer's block was added. It just grew from there.
A few years later, Dick West (elist) and I swapped address books. Anyway, it is not an official medium by any sorts. I try not to let my opinions get in the way. (Except the age 60 retirement rule change.
I had strong feelings against the change). I figure we are all big boys and girls capable of making up our own minds about things.

The Jetflyer is my private email address book to my friends at FedEx. I am sure it is read by many others. I only report what I hear, which lately is crew bus rumors, since the dudes at ALPA are doing a hellova job reporting the news.

Latest resources

Back