• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FDX 777's on runs now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumour alert!....From what I've heard, once they figure out a pax to cargo conversion and cargo 777s become more available FedEx would like to replace trhe MD-11s w/ the 777.... Oh and that "all boeing" fleet rumor is not true.

Nooooo.....
:(

Man I luv the old Tri-Jets.

I sure do miss all those Delta L1011's. Every time I go into Atlanta it just don't seem the same w/o a dirty ole L10 wandering around.

We've had ours since May/June of last year, and they go like clock-work. Regularly hauls 90+ tons non-stop SIN-LEJ, and I belive we also hold the record with a 106.5 ton haul. That's quite remarkable since Boeing initially advertised 105 tons, then revised downward to 103.5. Last two we got came out of factory almost 1000kg lighter than the first one. Makes you wonder if the Boeing bods forgot to install a few bits and pieces ;)

A 777P2F might be nice, but then again it might not be as efficient as an A330-300 ditto. At present it looks like the Airbus might be first to market, and that might put a bit of damper on the whole 777P2F idea. Regardless, as long as it keeps me in beer and sandwiches I couldn't give a toss if it's assembled in Ceeaddle or Onetwoloose.

Apologies if going metric on you guys causes any confusion.

" What's a Boeing ?" said the Airbus pilot .:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Ah grasshopper, in time you will learn the mystery of what a great airplane it is...

Euro said:
Apologies if going metric on you guys causes any confusion.

Damned French and their Society International anyway...You'd think that they had won a war or something!

Hehehehehe!

Last edited:
Just had our first tech episode on the 777, and it wasn't even the aeroplane throwing a wobbly.

Brand spanking new, latest addition to the fleet, only 2 weeks young and still smelling all wrong for a freighter. Had been sitting on the ramp in LEJ for 1 week over x-mas/new year and in need of a check. Absent minded engineer boards the kite, fires up the electrics and runs all kinds of test - including one where you turn pitot heating on.

Smell of burned plastic makes it way into the cockpit and, after a while, the penny drops on our entrepid engineer and he discovers all 3 pitots are somewhat clogged with residue of burned plastic, and have taken an odd hue of red.

Major egg-on-face moment, fair bit of adult language administered and one engineer is sent home to contemplate his idiocy for a couple of days sans pay. Flight delayed for 6 hours whilst 2 new pitot tubes are flown in and fitted - as per Boeing recommendation only 1 spare pitot tube is kept in stock. Chartering a jet at o'dark hundred for an AOG mission is not, as you know, cheap!

Apart from that, still going like clockwork. Due to some traffic rights issues we've been flying direct SIN-LEJ recently, bypassing the scheduled stop in DEL. Still, the girl hardly breaks a sweat and happily schleps around 100 tons going uphill and against the winds. Amazing piece of kit - barring any engineering stupidity that is.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back