FDX 4th quart earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deuce130 said:
GW hasn't flown any draft or volunteer, sold back his vacation, or raided open time. To say that Fred Smith owns the white house is one of the reasons we don't have a contract is asinine. Stick to the talking points - the FDX pilot group is not doing all we can do and management is evil.

Maybe you spent too much time on the nogs...open your eyes man. It's all part of the same game. No worries or pressure on management because of a very favorable political climate. To ignore that is, as you would say, asinine.

I do agree with your last sentence, we're not doing all we can do, but I believe "we" don't have the balls to REALLY do what's needed. I guess we'll see. I'm ready to walk away from this place like it never existed. Are you?

Fred gave equally to his Yale classmates, John Kerry and George Bush. He described both of them as his "good friends." In my opinion, due to FDX (and UPS') unique positions in the US and global economy, ANY and ALL presidents will be very friendly to Mr Smith. Not very many politicians have been labor-union friendly lately, and I don't think the occupant of the WH affects us very much right now. Well, yes the President has an effect on this process, but I don't think our cause would be championed by ANY sitting President right now, regardless of political affiliation.

WE are the only ones that can help ourselves right now.

MAGNUM!! said:
Fred gave equally to his Yale classmates, John Kerry and George Bush. He described both of them as his "good friends." In my opinion, due to FDX (and UPS') unique positions in the US and global economy, ANY and ALL presidents will be very friendly to Mr Smith. Not very many politicians have been labor-union friendly lately, and I don't think the occupant of the WH affects us very much right now. Well, yes the President has an effect on this process, but I don't think our cause would be championed by ANY sitting President right now, regardless of political affiliation.

WE are the only ones that can help ourselves right now.

You could write your congressman. . . ask him how an oligopoly like FedEx, with ties to the postal service (at least a billion dollars a year) and a history of 'red letters', can be allowed to eavesdrop on sites like this and be one of the select few companies to ask the NMB for mediation (not the pilots). Explain how they have circumvented the negotiating table with two non-negotiated 'offers', and are blaming the pilots for the delays. Would a call from your congressman change your behavior?

Lack Of Respect

Falconjet said:
Some numbers from the union about the 2006 earnings:
  • Revenue of $32.3 billion, and increase of 10 percent from fiscal year 2005
  • Operating income of $3.01 billion, up 22 percent from fiscal year 2005
  • Net income of $1.81 billion, a 25 percent increase from fiscal year 2005
  • Earnings per share of $5.83, a 24 percent increase from fiscal year 2005
  • Cash flow from operations allowed $2.5 billion in capital expenditures, the repayment of $369 million in debt, and another $.01 increase in the shareholder dividend to $.09 per share
You know, pretty soon you are going to be talking about real money around here.

FJ

2006 Results are Big, and that's built on big numbers from 2005, which by the way were built upon big numbers from 2004... You guessed it built upon 2003 earnings. Times when we were in supposedly poor economic conditions as a nation.

2003-

• Revenue of $22.5 billion, up 9% from $20.6 billion the previous year​

• Operating income of $1.47 billion, up 11% from $1.32 billion a year
• Net income of $830 million, up 17% from last year’s $710 million​

2004-​
FedEx Corp. reported the following consolidated results for the fourth quarter 2004:
  • Revenue of $7.04 billion, up 21% from $5.83 billion the previous year
  • Operating income of $685 million, up 39% from $492 million a year ago
  • Operating margin of 9.7%, up from 8.4% the previous year
  • Net income of $412 million, up 47% from last year's $280 million
2005- Couldn't find year end numbers but 3rd Qtr didn't suck...
FedEx Corp. reported the following consolidated results for the third quarter 2005:
  • Revenue of $7.34 billion, up 21% from $6.06 billion the previous year
  • Operating income of $552 million, up 48% from $372 million a year ago
  • Operating margin of 7.5%, up from last year's 6.1%
  • Net income of $317 million, up 53% from $207 million the previous year
THE BOTTOM LINE... Lack of respect! FDX has as much respect for us as the slave owners had for the slaves making them rich picking their crops. I guess we should all be grateful to our masters, I mean managers, for taking such good care of us and putting food on our tables. Too bad I'm getting so stressed watching my buying power decline without even a cost of living increase in years. Yeah, so stressed I might just have to stay home more to recuperate with my family.

Good thing you guys didn't post any Southwest Airlines numbers or else everyone would be jumpin your $hit. They would call you a bunch of names too.. I've seen it happen, time and time again.

SWA/FO said:
Good thing you guys didn't post any Southwest Airlines numbers or else everyone would be jumpin your $hit. They would call you a bunch of names too.. I've seen it happen, time and time again.

When you've posted SWA nums in the past, it's been to gloat at the expense of others and to remind others how bad their companies are doing. All the numbers are posted here, not to brag or gloat, but to display exasperation at a recalcitrant management.

If you can't see the difference, there is no point in engaging with you on this topic.

SWA/FO said:

I believe that says more about YOU than it does about any other poster, any "Southwest Airlines numbers" or anything else.

When you've posted SWA nums in the past, it's been to gloat at the expense of others and to remind others how bad their companies are doing. All the numbers are posted here, not to brag or gloat, but to display exasperation at a recalcitrant management.

Double standard. gimme an H Y P O C R I T E S

hypocrite >noun a person who is given to hypocrisy.
-DERIVATIVES hypocritical >adjective hypocritically >adverb.

gloat >verb contemplate one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure. >noun an act of gloating.
-DERIVATIVES gloater >noun gloating >adjective & >noun.
-ORIGIN originally in the sense 'give a sideways or furtive look': of uncertain origin.

looks as if you guys are gloating..... at the expense of others. Fed Ex is a CARGO airline, why would you post numbers on this message board? Looks as if your reminding us as to how bad our companies are compared to Fed Ex.. I consider this shameful. So when I post numbers its not good, but its ok with da freight dogs to do it?

the SWA/FO has spoken, again

:pimp: :bomb:

RECALCITRANT....

Dang Magnum, I'm impressed. Pretty good word from a fighter pilot...

Latest resources

Back