FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ManChild

Then may be a stupid question, but when a company says they want a FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit, that is the Restricted and not the General license right?

MC,

ZB is right about the PG coverin' the RP, OK? :) Zno said it better than I... I just assumed that if you held a higher class of license you wouldn't be asking the question in the first place. Hope I didn't cause you to spend money needlessly!

cc

Just wondering if you you still need this license to operate internationally? I was under the impression that the aircraft had to have this and not the flightcrew anymore. Anyone that knows for sure please post and inform me better.

Thanks

FP

Another stupid question, has anyone ever asked for yours? I have one and no one has ever wanted to see mine.

Another stupid question, has anyone ever asked for yours? I have one and no one has ever wanted to see mine.

Never.

I'm not sure its even needed anymore since the aircraft has one?

Never.

I'm not sure its even needed anymore since the aircraft has one?

That's what I was thinking, but I'm sorta getting a transfer, still flying same plane, but different names on paycheck. Company job posting says one is needed. Oh well......Guess I'll fork out the $$$ for one.

If I recall correctly, the one in the aircraft is a "station" license and the one in your wallet is an "operator" permit.

Latest resources

Back