FC1 Left the base!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I just heard that my FC1 is heading over to Randolph today. Anyone have any idea how long the AETC Surgeon General's office takes to process a physical? It should arrive in about 2-3 days.

How long ago was your physical? Who contacted you about it leaving the base? I'm waiting on mine to leave right now. I've heard about 6-8 weeks to get past the SG.

I took the physical in October, retook some tests in November, did a blood pressure check in January (by that time the chief flight surgeon had reviewed it, he asked for the blood pressure check). Since I had to retake tests and do the blood pressure thing, I had to be in contact with the medical group. It was following up with the requirements that allowed me to find out it was on the way out. I guess I'm lucky.

Thanks for the info on the time.

Get used to waiting. I was selected last March and still have absolutely no clue on when I'm going to AMS/Brooks/UPT. I just enlisted this week, so hopefully I'll have dates soon. Waiting sucks.

I'm waiting for AETC as well

Being a civilian is tough. I have a Reserve unit that wants me. I took the FCI physical in June. Took it over again in August, becasue they lost paper work. Received a signature from my dentist last week...which I found out was wrong. Got X-Rays and more signatures from my dentist on tuesday morning. I sent off my medical package to AETC on Tuesday afternoon (FedEx overnight) My Major says we need the medical by the 20th to have it to boards by the 24th of February. I'm sweating a bit, I want to go to OTS and fligth school. I'll make a post when I get my medical back, I'm hoping for the same out of you guys.

I got selected at MN Reserves, how about you guys?

My Physical was sent off late December to AETC and was returned about a week later asking for more info (the tech apparently entered some conflicting info). Did the extra tests they wanted and was signed off by the base. It was sent back to AETC and it was about two weeks until I heard it was stamped approved.

I was sweating the February 27th AFRC Board cutoff date because I was worried AETC would send it back again asking more more info, but luckily that didn't happen. My Recruiter said she was prepared to call down to HQ AETC and explain to them my situation to see if that might help speed things up. She also said that as long as she could get a faxed copy from AETC of the stamped approved physical then that would work for the board package if it was attached with a memoradum explaining the situation. The turn around time seems pretty good right now, so hopefully you'll get some good news soon.

Anyone else trying for the March Board?

Maybe it's because I went to see 'Miracle' this weekend (Awesome movie), but I think I just experienced one. I sent my medical from Buckley in on Feb 3 and received notice today Feb 10 that it was approved. It took all of us by surprise. I didn't think I was going to make it in on this March board. I'm trying for this march board. CHQ Pilot...have you been sponsored by a unit?

hermair52

I am being sponsored by the 326th AS out of Dover. I got word that my package is almost finally complete, pending just a few more signatures. I don't think I'll feel comfortable until I know it is at Robins.

Latest resources

Back