FBOs Used by the Fractional Companies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJL

Is each fractional company dedicated to several FBO providers or do they change throughout the year? (at airports with more than one approriate FBO?). I guess what I am asking is, what major FBO "chains" are used by which Fractional Companies? Thanks.

I know we try and use the same one. I think it depends on what the owner wants also.

NetJets have a contract with Signature whereby they'll use Signature at just about every airport that has a Signature on the field. Prominent exception is TEB, but that has to do with Santulli being loyal to the FBO who took a chance on him and his company before NetJets became what they are today.

The other exception will be if the customer has a specific FBO preference, then NetJets will abide by the wishes of the customer.

At HPN, NetJets will be opening their own new hangar, probably at the end of June. It's Seagram's old home (Hangar 6), and has been used by NetJets for maintenance since the 3rd quarter of last year. Reconstruction and upgrading will continue through June, at which point the hangar will also begin to serve as NetJets' arrival and departure point at HPN.

Thanks friend.

What FBOs are the other fractional companies loyal (or contracted) to?

Options used...

Atlantic in TEB by preference, we have a maint. base there. In PBI its galaxy, APA - Denver Jet, and of course where possible , Raytheon. After all, we have to keep it in the family. It all comes down to which FBO gives the company the best fuel deal. They will always be their first choice. Of course owner preference takes priority. The company will suggest their FBO of choice, but some owners have their own loyalties and it will always win.

Re: Options used...

hawkercpt said:
Atlantic in TEB by preference, we have a maint. base there.

Not anymore. In TEB the preferred is now Jet Aviation. I was told this recently by a dispatcher(same ones you talk to). Something about a "passenger conflict" at Atlantic. WTFever that means.

been on vacation...

haven't heard that news. Jet is a better FBO anyway.

"passenger conflict"

cant wait to hear about that one.

Re: been on vacation...

hawkercpt said:
haven't heard that news. Jet is a better FBO anyway.

"passenger conflict"

cant wait to hear about that one.

I hate Jet. The whole BS with having to get a ride in from your airplane, the rude people(they do have some nicer women working the desk now than they did a year ago, so that's changing for the better). They gym is nice if you have enough time to use it(I have once). Crew cars seem to be harder to come by at Jet because of the sheer volume of crews that go in there compared to the number of cars they have...not that we get a chance to use them often, but I have needed one a couple times to go to Atlantic to get much needed stock.

The change occured about 5-6 weeks ago. Dispatch didn't know specifics about why the change, and the people at Atlantic knew nothing. They still thought they were our preferred FBO on the field. I doubt we'll ever hear about it...but ask dispatch next time you're going in there or in CGF(I know YOU love that place by now!). :D

Latest resources

Back