• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Favorite online pilot shop?

Immelman

Total Time
I need some advice:

I need to order a couple sets of NOS charts, kneeboard, IFR hood... some stuff I can't get at the local airport right now. No dorky gear :) I've managed to 'lose' the evil Sporty's catalog junk mail after several years of being on their list.. aside from Sporty's, anyone have a reccomendation for a good online pilot shop? My only other requisite is that they ship quickly.. need to have the gear within 4-5 days.

Floyd R. Turbo

Total Time
6500+
I haven't used them in a while, but vrotate.com always seemed pretty good to me.

tired_pilot

Total Time
marv golden

Marv golden sales in san diego is pretty cheap for alot of stuff

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
I still need to get that "Are you gonna be in that cloud" scope. I hope it works at 330.

blimpguy

Total Time
I've had great experience with Marv Golden. Well stocked retail store and timely shipping service.

minitour

Thedude said:
I still need to get that "Are you gonna be in that cloud" scope. I hope it works at 330.
don't forget the holding/traffic pattern entry/heading calculator/plotter thingy...wow! When starting my IR training, my CFII told me I would need one...never did get it though...:rolleyes:

-mini

9GClub

Total Time
I ordered my Davy Clarks from Spinner's Pilot Shop. Check 'em out, I was pleased.

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
Oshkosh: yep, there are usually some great deals there. I'm going this year with a small shopping list.

Immelman

Total Time
THanks for the suggestions guys. I agree about Oshkosh.. trouble is on my budget if I flew there I wouldn't have any $ for gear.... now to go order a gigantic watch and quad-fold lap-desk with built in E6B and other dork accesories :)