• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite AFN commercial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always liked the one that said, "Don't sit in your dorm room, get depressed, give away your belongings and kill yourself...go out and enjoy the local culture"

How does that play in the AOR these days?

The one about not beating your wife cause she'll be happier and look better too was good. Usually followed by the one that encouraged the dependents to go out and lose some weight.

I really don't have a specific commerical I like, but rather a favorite genre of commercials. The "Shaping of America" stuff was priceless (I can still hear James Earl Jones' voice as that guy's hand chiseled away at Maine at the end) - also "State Quiz"... great for drinking games...if you didn't know the answer by the time they announced what the state capital was you had to do a funnel.

And everone's favorite... the Status of Forces Agreement infomercials... ahh sweet, sweet SOFA... where would we be without ya? How's the SOFA in Iraq coming along... oh nevermind, I'll just assume if you do something wrong you are handed over to the insurgents and have your noggin lopped off.

Last edited:
The Silent Killer

How can we forget the "Silent Killer?" It's the one where they show the soda machine. If you shake the sh!t out of it trying to get your coke it will fall on you and kill you. I'm not sure how any of us survived to adulthood without that one.

The Girls gone wild commercials, yeah baby!!!!!! Oh, that wasn't on AFN.

Pretty much...moe like soap opera without the sheets.

Wasn't there one that had some lady saying: "That's sexual harrasment, and I don't have to take it" --- I quoted that alot... especially to that one crew who had the rainbow deployment patch.

Not an AFN commercial but I am reminded of the old Navy sexual harassment video with the famous line, "Are those ribbons mounted?"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back