Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

urflyingme?!

Man Among Men
Bought it friday, done this morning. Next is Hard Landing. Any more suggestions?

"Sky God". The story of Pam Am from the 60's to its demise, “The Left Seat” the story of the airline business from 1946 to 1960, and Gann’s bio “A Hostage to Forture”

urflyingme?! said:
Any more suggestions?
Yea, "Catch 22", "No Second Place Winners" or "99 Confirmed Kills, the Carlos Hathcock Story".

'The Shepherd' by Frederick Forsyth. Actually a short story published in a small book, but perhaps my favorite piece of fiction.

'A Gift of Wings' by Richard Bach. A collection of Bach's Short Stories. 'Cat' (one of the stories) is another great piece of fiction.

'Endurance' by Alfred Lansing. Not aviation related, but an absolutely unbelievable non-fiction story about a Victorian-era British expedition to the South Pole that goes horribly wrong. Sir Ernest Shackleton and his men make any other endeavor of human endurance look like a walk in the park.

Ernest K Gann's Flying Circus.

I've read Hathcock's story; wow, I'd be embarissed to admit owning a 30 rnd mag.

About Face, by David Hackworth; (who just passed away last week)

The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes

Anything by Leon Metz.

Extra points if you can find this one:

Indian Depredations in Texas by John Wesley Wilbarger; Originally published in 1889.

:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back