Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fat lady not singin, gun talks not over!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was actually referring to the ANG guys who would be called to blast an airliner out of the sky and the thought of dealing with that weighing on your conscious.

Killing a BG is one thing, killing 300 unarmed and innocent civilians to ensure the death of a BG is another.

Civilian casualties are an inevitable factor, what is called the fog of war, good people die and innocent people are killed.
But in the circumstance of cockpit defense it is avoidable, with the proper tools and training, then put the word out on the street.

Breach that door and die.

Cops have a thankless job, Air Marshals too. When the chips are down and something fails, F-16’s scramble and the nightmare ends in a pile of flaming wreckage, no doubt questions will be asked and fingers will be pointed.

The politicians will refuse to accept any responsibility for anything, calling only for blue ribbon committees to study the situation, enact more legislation and grow government with yet another pointless and obscure agency.

I believe the answer is simple, hire and train more Air Marshals, supplement them by placing deadly weapons on the flight deck and train the crews to use them to defend the cockpit and to work with the AM’s in time of crisis.

Right now the BG’s know the odds are in their favor of boarding a plane with an Air Marshal aboard.

Weasel

Are you sure you would want to carry such large calibers? All you would need is your Glock or a Sig Sauer P228, but in 9mm. Hell, a .380 would really suffice. In any event, I think once you are armed, no matter what caliber, the deterrent effect will be priceless.

Now, if you could only do something about the idiot drunks in first class who cause you so much trouble. (Save the tasers for them!)

Mike

"The pilots should be hell of a marksman or highly trained in close quarters combat to make use of the weapon."

Hmm...hell of a marksman to hit a terrorist standing 2-3 feet from you? I don't think so. ;)

Latest resources

Back