Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
I'll be rolling down 94E into Chicago mid-afternoon on Friday (2-3pm) looking to get on 65 South towards Indy. That time of day, traffic being what it is, what is the fastest route to go? I don't have an I-Pass or whatever, so I'm relegated to the cash tolls.

Should I do 94 straight through downtown, Skyway to 80/94, or Tri-State around to 80/94?

Thanks!

Friday traffic can be a real pain in the buttocks. You didn't mention where you're starting, but it's faster to go through the city if you're starting out from the north. If you're slightly northwest 294 might be a better bet. I used to live directly north of the city and it was about 30-45 minutes faster to go through the city, but that's with no traffic.

I would definitely take 294 around the city, unless you plan on going at say 10:30 until about 2 pm, then you may get away with taking the Dan Ryan throught the city.......listen to 780 AM...traffic and weather together on the 8's.................but plan on getting nailed once it becomes 80/94 when you get near the border (again, if its later in the day)...there is no way to deal with that. Good luck.

At 2 p.m., the express lanes on the Kennedy (I-90/94) will be set for outbound traffic (WB). That usually means that there will be delayes on the inbound Kennedy, so stick with I-294. Also make sure to listen to the traffic reports, because every day is different.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back