Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh, contrair'

JimG said:
Sorry, but I've got my name on that thing (I bought 10 tickets today while in PHX). <<<snip>>> I guess with $125M after taxes, I could sort of have one of each.

Don't waste your money!!

$340 million cash option = $164,400,000 less 38% Federal Tax and say.... 2% State Tax = $98,640,000 before CPA, Brokerage and Attorney Fees...... Call it $90 million clear.

$90 million invested in tax free government bonds would yield a net return (not adjusted for inflation) of approximately 2% annually or:

A Lousy $1,800,000.00 per year.

Everybody knows pilots already make wayyy more than that. :)

PS: Vandal, I know a guy in Georgia that can get a real deal on the airplane of your choice as long as you're not too picky about the paper work. He's tied up at the moment but I believe a quarter of a million could possibly spring him as soon as the heat dies down. :pimp:

A mini-sewerpipe? The guy's winning Powerball, not inventing a Shagadelic Time Machine.

I saw one for sale recently...still had orange velour interior and a Flitephone that looked like it was one generation past needing a rotary dial. Almost made me want to go to the thrift store for a brown polyester suit and a wide collared shirt.

Lilah said:
RTFQ,

Javalin is great, if there's only two in your family.
Ackattacker is warm, but I think the Swearingen may take the cake. If it's not already certified, it will be soon, and puts out some pretty impressive numbers. I don't know if they will be deliveries in the near future, but, IMHO, it is much more pleasing to the eye than some of the other options. The specs are impressive...

I was assuming he wanted to go buy his new jet next week... the Swearingen isn't yet certified. Nor is the Javelin. And I agree that the CJ3 is a better all-around jet than the Premier. (The Premier is really tiny and has short legs). But he did ask for "fastest from point A to B".

Of course, If I won the powerball I wouldn't get a single-pilot jet. The whole point of having your own jet is that you can have fun in the back. Flying cross country isn't that much fun, sorry.

I'd get a BBJ with a jacuzzi and a full bar. Hell, I could probably get a Pitts through the cargo door... take it with me for when I want to have fun flying.

ackattacker said:
Of course, If I won the powerball I wouldn't get a single-pilot jet.

Me either...I'd get a Citation X and let my buddies sit in the right seat and play with the gear :D

...and a 152 to f* around in.

-mini

Is the Space Shuttle rated for one pilot?

Just thought I'd throw in my ridiculous comment too....

Do you need a glider rating to fly the space shuttle? How about a type rating?

Latest resources

Back