Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400A
Most useless switch on our aircraft. We turn it on and off......they ignore it.

"True. But if somebody in the back busts their a$$ during turbulence, if that little light is on, I've covered my butt (a little)... "

YEP I call it the Lawyer switch.......... a U.S. invention I believe

The exact reason I still use it.....LOL

Hey Tgaug6300 I hope your trip went well. Looks like it will have to be another time for the barbeque and brew. Received the nogo e-mail from HR. I hope you have better luck. Looks like a great place to work. I hope to get another shot at any future openings. Blue Skies.
Trash Man

Yea, let us know how the trip went T.

I use it in CYA mode all the time. Policy is on below 10K feet, the rest of the time it is PIC's call to turn it on or off. Pax just ignore it and do as they please.

NC,

I assume you are flying a 2+ or 3. You should be using the Pass Safety on every flight. I think it is item #3 on the Before Taxi, and item #5 on the Approach checklist.

This is because if normal DC power fails or during abnormal conditions, the emergency lighting system provides illumination. The emergency lighting system is powered by one of three methods.

1. Selecting Pass Safety (provides Hot Battery bus power)
2.The Entery Light
3. A 5g force to activate the Emergency battery power pack.

The Pass Safety switch powers the door light and Exit sign light above the main entry door, and the light above the emergency exit (and the sign light) and the Emergency Egress Lights (over the right wing).

Hey CHL and LGM! Yeah, great CJ3 trip over to Morocco and Europe and back. Check your PMs.

I use to fly the CJ2+/CJ3 but in the Bravo PASS SAFETY simply turns on the bright arse EXIT lights in the cabin...

Latest resources

Back