Fasten Seat Belt Light - Corporate Use

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCherches

This question is more for people who fly the same passengers on most occasions...

How do you use the Fasten Seatbelt Sign? I have gotten to the point where I usually simple turn it on about 3 minutes prior to landing or simply just leave it off/on the entire flight simply to keep the 'beep' from waking up passengers that are already belted in... I usually simply advise them if the ride is to get rough as reported by others or through my own observation.

Does your company have an SOP (altitude in which you always turn it on during decent or altutude you turn it off in clim if conditions are favorable)?

This question is more for people who fly the same passengers on most occasions...

How do you use the Fasten Seatbelt Sign? I have gotten to the point where I usually simple turn it on about 3 minutes prior to landing or simply just leave it off/on the entire flight simply to keep the 'beep' from waking up passengers that are already belted in... I usually simply advise them if the ride is to get rough as reported by others or through my own observation.

Does your company have an SOP (altitude in which you always turn it on during decent or altutude you turn it off in clim if conditions are favorable)?

Usually always on unless they are sleeping, then off to make it dark.

back when no FA used to chime it to warn of bumps, now just pass the news through the crack in the back.

Turbulence doesn't phase our boss, but we do have a few passengers that are fairly nervous fliers. As such, in our Citation:

PASS SAFETY prior to taxi, "ding" it (off then back to PASS SAFETY) as we're taking the runway, off through 10,000ft if smooth.

SEAT BELT on when it gets bumpy in climb/cruise, off when it get smooth. SEAT BELT back on descending below 10,000ft on arrival, then PASS SAFETY when the gear goes down. Turn it off once in the blocks per the shutdown checklist.

Turbulence doesn't phase our boss, but we do have a few passengers that are fairly nervous fliers. As such, in our Citation:

PASS SAFETY prior to taxi, "ding" it (off then back to PASS SAFETY) as we're taking the runway, off through 10,000ft if smooth.

SEAT BELT on when it gets bumpy in climb/cruise, off when it get smooth. SEAT BELT back on descending below 10,000ft on arrival, then PASS SAFETY when the gear goes down. Turn it off once in the blocks per the shutdown checklist.

Same here BU.

Hey Tgaug6300 I hope your trip went well. Looks like it will have to be another time for the barbeque and brew. Received the nogo e-mail from HR. I hope you have better luck. Looks like a great place to work. I hope to get another shot at any future openings. Blue Skies.
Trash Man

Most useless switch on our aircraft. We turn it on and off......they ignore it.

True. But if somebody in the back busts their a$$ during turbulence, if that little light is on, I've covered my butt (a little)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400A

"True. But if somebody in the back busts their a$$ during turbulence, if that little light is on, I've covered my butt (a little)... "

YEP I call it the Lawyer switch.......... a U.S. invention I believe

Latest resources

Back