• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FA's to Strike UAL on 7/1/05?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
time for new young blood to come in and work, I bet there are many people out there who would die to fly for a major these days!

That's Scab talk . . . . .

Publishers said:
How do you get the first drink on a 45 minute flight anymore?

I would have to say the F/A's at Southwest are possibly the only F/A's out there that do not do the "Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite only" service on short flights. I regularly see them doing a full beverage service including Beer, Wine and Liquor included on flights as short as :34 minutes. On the same morning flights they always come by with seconds on coffee.

I would have to say the F/A's at Southwest are possibly the only F/A's out there that do not do the "Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite only" service on short flights. I regularly see them doing a full beverage service including Beer, Wine and Liquor included on flights as short as :34 minutes. On the same morning flights they always come by with seconds on coffee.

I would have to disagree. I have had triple or more drink service mutiple times on Airtran from Hotlanta to P-cola, which is a very short flight. I've had multiple drinks on UAL from Denver to Colorado Springs. Last weekend I rode 1st on AA from Dallas to BHM and had 2 John Daniels before takeoff, several more in flight and a few "wayhomers" to go. That's a fairly short flight. It helps to be good looking and smile a lot, like me (that was meant to be a joke, but it is true).

On the topic of this thread, yet another chance for folks to hope and wait anxiously for an unraveling at UAL. Hang in there, there will be a few more bumps in the road that could be bad for UAL. Gen Lee, the House could also take a vote on outlawing pimples and bad breathe, this would be symbolic just like their meaningless vote last week. Take a look at the WSJ for the best analysis on this topic.

AirTran does full beverage service on all flights . . . even the shorties. That's why I carry a funnel and hose in my suitcase for my commute home.

You Saluki dogs know what I'm talkin' about!

Ty Webb said:
Don't be so sure. There comes a point where the job isn't worth doing, at least for me, and at a 20-30% pay cut, I'd be there.

Ty, will Airtran pilots take a pay&benefits cut even if they don't go into BK? How much did the Airtran pilots give to the company immediately after 9/11, even though they were already compensated far below UAL at the time? Did they do that to save the company? Aren't the UAL pilots trying to do the same?

FDJ-

Night and Day, my friend.

The AirTran pilots gave management 60 days of relief, in exchange for no furloughs of the junior guys. . . with an immediate snap-back. If you can find some way to equate that situation to that at UAL, well, have at it. . . . but they don't have much in common at all.

They approached us about concessions 6 months ago, and we told them that it wasn't going to happen.

Again, find me a similarity, other than the fact that both are airlines, and @ will consider it.

TW

Latest resources

Back