Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bluestreak

Fitty-Six F100's rock
A sad day,indeed.I sure am gonna miss hearing that ol' "Carolina" call sign.Good luck and godspeed to my CC buds !

Yes Sir

I must agree with that. I too will miss that old "CAROLINA" call sign. Thanks for all the jump seats. Ya'll will be missed. Good luck and God Bless. North Carolina will never have another "CAROLINA".

Thank You all.

The "last" LEC meeting today at the Holiday Inn near the airport said it all. The captain that took the last flight from CLT to PGV told us about the send off they got from the ground crews. Tugs lined up with their lights on and a shower from the water cannons as they taxied out to 18L. ATC even held up ALL traffic on the ground until Carolina 5057 took off eastbound. He said it best. "They can take away our planes, they can take away our name, but CCair is something that is in all of our hearts and we will never let it die."

Give it 6 months and you will hear Carolina...I mean Air Shuttle XXXX ready for departure 18R.

A sad day indeed. Thanks for all the rides home guys and good luck for the future. You are always welcome on our jump seats.

I take it CCair is not Cape Cod Air. Excuse my ignorance but what are you guys talking about?

CCAir was a USAirways Express carrier based in CLT flying the Dash (And the J-ball up until April).I've flown on them since they had the Shorts.I heard N813SN was ferried to Springfield,Mo.They will be missed.

CCAir (AKA "The Chicken")

Thanks for your support guys, we all appreciate your kind words.
Great place to have worked and with good people.

Sorry to hear it. I hate seeing CCAir folks getting hosed. When I was at PDT, I enjoyed meeting some of the CCAir pilots while in the CLT crew room. Good luck to ya'll, I hope you can move on to something better.

Thanks guys for all the rides you provided to my hometown, Hickory, North Carolina (KHKY). Best wishes for the future for all of you.

Latest resources

Back