• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAR question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you call the FSDO and get an answer doesn't that covery your arse?

No.... All that really matters is the interpretation of a judge. And you will only get that interpretation if charges are pressed against you. Funny, no?

However, what you can do is get some advice from the #1 person responsible at the FAA for each part. Those are the people whos opinion influences the court the most and have the greatest weight. Thats because those people were the ones writing the regulations and only those know the "true intent" of each regulation out there and thus can correctly interpret it for you.

For Part 61 & Part 91 that person would be John Lynch, if i remember correctly.
Go to FAA.gov and search for the FAQ's for each part. Look for something that looks like this: part61faq.doc or part91faq.doc .. whatever you need. There are a TON of questions in those docs. Check it out and let us know what you find out ;)

Suggest they bring a camera,

Then it is a photo flight and I believe releives you of the 135 aspects of the "sight seeing"

alvin said:
Suggest they bring a camera,

Then it is a photo flight and I believe releives you of the 135 aspects of the "sight seeing"

Excellent thinking outside the box - in my opinion this is the best idea so far - fly over their house or something, and have them take a picture

rent the plane, Take the guy for a local flight. this is not a commercail flight. You are renting the plane and taking someone for a ride as a favor for a friend. you can do this a private pilot./

dont fark up and it wont be a problem. If you fark up. then there will be a problem

Latest resources

Back