FAR 91 Subpart K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Live4flyng

How about them new regs that just came out? Looks like that may cause some trouble for some of the Fractional operators. The rest requirements are great for the pilots though. Even the Part 135 operators can thank the Fracs for the chance to operate with an 80% rule instead of the 60% rule now.

Gee, Thanks but no thanks

All of our guys will operate with the 60% rule. I don't agree with the logic used in the 80% revision.

Live4flyng said:
How about them new regs that just came out? Looks like that may cause some trouble for some of the Fractional operators.

I wouldn't say trouble... Since the everyone on the playing field is affected, no one will have an advantage. They may have to spend some $$ hiring more pilots and educating schedulers, but everyone will have to do likewise. They'll just pass the $$ on to the customer like any good business would do.

Also keep in mind that this rule change is about 3-4 years in the making. Just about all the operators knew it was coming (and for better IMO).

Hi!

I would appreciate it if someone could summarize the changes for -135.

I read through them, but I don't have -135 with me, so I don't know how the changes interact with all of -135.

For example, the new 135.4 says that U have to have 2 pilots. I don't know what .4 is. Someone else was saying that ALL of 135 needs 2 pilots, with I find hard to believe. I'm guessing that .4 applies to only certain types of operations.

Cliff
SDF

Hi!

Griz, thanks a lot.

I was reading that FltOps is going to go -135. Is NetJets also?

I hope you're enjoying it there!

Cliff
SDF

A couple people mentioned rest in this issue. The funny thing is that the FAA is stepping in the fracs with this NPRM, but as the fracs are now, the conditions are better than a 135 or 121 carrier....

Latest resources

Back