FAR 135 Chief Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TWA

Can anyone point me to the part of Part 135 that has the chief pilot responsibilities listed? I had a guy ask me about them the other day, and couldn't find them for the life of me. Thanks.

I think those duties are not really spelled out in 135, or, even in 119, nor in the OpsSpecs. Usually, the details are written into the approved company manual.

I believe the only things about it in the FARs is that it's a required position on a certificate and spells out the minimum experience required to hold the position.

FAR part 119.71
To serve as Chief Pilot under §119.69(a) for a certificate holder that only conducts operations for which the pilot in command is required to hold a commercial pilot certificate, a person must hold at least a commercial pilot certificate. If an instrument rating is required for any pilot in command for that certificate holder, the Chief Pilot must also hold an instrument rating. The Chief Pilot must be qualified to serve as pilot in command in at least one aircraft used in the certificate holder's operation. In addition, the Chief Pilot must:

(1) In the case of a person becoming a Chief Pilot for the first time ever, have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135 of this chapter.

These are the requirements, the job discription is in the company's GOM FOM or policies

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back