FAPA President, "Happy with the outcome."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Morris vs Midwest

Gentlemen - I'll agree this whole thing is now a moot point.

However, in determining the end result, all one has to do is ask a former Morris Air pilot how life is today versus a former/current Midwest pilot how life is today.

If this was a "hobby" to me, I would have bailed years ago. I wouldn't care and that would be it. I love the job and the people. Some of us had a plan B years ago...not my fault I thought ahead.
\

My FAPA brother,

Please look at this LOA that our Union approved. Use your Lawyer Smarts, take the emotions out and please let me know "HOW SCREWED WE ARE!".

I know it was not entirely up to FAPA but I think we blundered by not joining or getting STAPLED to SWA.

Be vocal about this deal, remember you are the Lawyer and at this time you can read all the loop-holes. MOVE AHEAD and lets make a bearable CBA.

CYA

Have you guys gotten good communication from FAPA? Seems it happen to quick for anything real to happen, were you guys polled?

I think the communication has been pretty fair. Knowing your reps personally and having their cell phone numbers and them answer them to talk has made this more informative than it is sometimes. I am sure its not near as good as communication from almighty SWAPA...but that doesn't concern us I guess.

I have seen numerous web updates from the union folks on the FAPA website, both during the negotiations with SWAPA and now. Unfortunately in a negotiation, there is the assumption that both sides will be willing make concessions to get the deal done, and in this case I am not sure that was true.

Personally I was not keen on being stapled onto a seniority list so I could be the furlough fodder in a year or so. And as much as the SWA guys like to say how lucky the Morris guys are, if they were truly one family no one would even remember who they were...but apparently everyone knows who they are.

Are we going to be rolling the dice with Republic? Absolutely. Would we have been rolling the dice with Southwest? Absolutely. My hope is that when the F9 and Republic SLI negotiations take place, that we all realize that it can be a very positive turning point for the RAH group of airlines, or the beginning of the end for them all.

Have you guys gotten good communication from FAPA? Seems it happen to quick for anything real to happen, were you guys polled?
yes, it did...and no...were you going to be polled before the midnight deal ramming was set to be done? Seems unlikely.

I was thinking maybe when SWA made they "non-binding bid" in July

Morris guys are remembered because after they were hired they sued for more, and lost, hard to forget about that...

Otherwise, nobody cares who they are.

Upgrades? What's that? What is it now at SWA? Probably about the same i would guess.

We have an upgrade class in session right now. It is only two pilots, but there is some movement.

Some were deemed to be "excess", and their recall rights were not included.

Inaccurate. The excess pilots had full recall rights and a seniority number at SWA.

I understand your team's stance, and your personal feelings on the matter. There is little point in arguing over what a "fair and equitable" integration should have looked like, but I do believe that your team passed over an excellent opportunity for their membership.

I'm glad the deal fell through because it is clear that there would have been bad blood between the two groups forever. Good luck.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to Frontier and airTran joining up?

Latest resources

Back