Family Sues FAA For Not "Babysitting" Pilot On IMC Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PaulThomas said:
I didn't say I hate the constitution. Don't put words in my mouth.

The constitution defines some of the thing the government can and can't do and what are our duties as citizens.

One of the right the constitution gives us is to sue. It's a good thing. I however don't like the way people sue for everything even when they know they are in the wrong just because they can. It's one of the price we have to pay for our freedom to sue. I don't don't like that some people take advantage of the system.

I dont like that either, but the way you worded it, saying you couldnt beleive people had the right to do it, made it sound that way.

I say we mandate EGPWS on ALL general aviation aircraft. That will help save some of the dolts out there who can't set an altimeter or hold altitude at MDA (continuous descent approaches are for weak d1cks, BTW!).

Please, won't the Federal Government save my sorry a$$?! :rolleyes: TC

C425Driver said:
Did the rules change or is the PIC still responsible for the safe operation of the aircraft?

That's what I thought....

C425Driver

According to most lawyers apparently, everyone but the PIC is responsible

414Flyer said:
According to most lawyers apparently, everyone but the PIC is responsible

Just because there's no shortage of ambulance-chasing scumbags doesn't mean most, or even the majority, of lawyers believe that nonsense.

WMUCHICKENHAWK, please destroy your pilot license and NEVER fly in the same sky with me.

And yes, we can sue because they didnt tell us to make sure we did a pre-landing check.”

Fiber! Everybody!..More Fiber! You all know the media likes to hype this stuff up and you're all fallin' for it. Anybody can sue anybody for anything...this will get thrown out before it comes to anything..relax, have a bowl of twigs.

Anyone know where you can find out if this has already gone to court or what the outcome of the case was?

Latest resources

Back