• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Family Sues FAA For Not "Babysitting" Pilot On IMC Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They won't get anything out of it. The pilot accepts all responsibility when asking for that approach in the first place. Once cleared the pilot is on his own. If it was the responsibility of ATC they would walk in every aircraft. They put the instruments in the planes for a reason. What about all those airports with inst. approaches but no tower so you're then handed over to CTAF?

What a load of crap. There is no way any court will find the FAA responsible. We have limitations on our equipement. For example....The approach control radar systems refresh rates are nice, but not instant. The mode/c encoding can be off + or - 300 ft, if he was a quarter mile from the airport when he crashed, that meant he was only between 200 and 400 ft off the glideslope. No way in hell a controller would have seen that. Looks like he wasn't as hardcore as his family says.

Lrjtcaptain said:
What a load of crap.

Word...if I'm the PIC and my name is on the flight plan, I'm the one responsible. If I ball it up, it's my fault not the autopilot's, not the GPSs, not the VORs not the approach controller that gave me an intercept at the marker..why? Because I (the pilot) made the decision to fly that approach.

But it's the American way...let's just sue everyone.

Next time a fat person sues McDonald's, I'm gonna sue the fat person for eating all the fries and making me have to wait in line at the drive thru for new fries to be made so I was late to work and missed out on $1.50 for the five minutes I was late. It's all crap!

ToiletDuck said:
I'm American and you've offended me with your stereotyping... You'll be hearing from my lawyer. As i'm entitled.

Well I'm American and I'm offended that you're offended at my stereotyping so...there!

-mini

Latest resources

Back