Family Resort / Seaplane Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BenderGonzales

I've got an itch to buy a rating in an aircraft i'll probably never get the chance to fly again.

Thought that a seaplane rating would be fun and would give me something to fantasize about for my retirement. I'd like to pair the seaplane training (2 days or so) with a week at a resort for the family and I. Someplace with warm sand and cold beer.

I found www.maddens.com which is a resort on Gull Lake in Minnesota. Looks nice -and offers a seaplane package- , but I was kind of hoping for something a little more "tropical".

Anybody have any other suggestions?

minnesota is actually very nice this time of year. average temp is the mid 70's an virtually no humidity. There are 10,000+ lakes for you to explore as well. another option is www.adventureseaplanes.com Brian and Ken are both very accomplished and competent aviators. For the right price, i also think they will bring the aircraft and their knowledge to somewhere tropical too. Good luck and have fun. Seaplanes are one of the most fun kinds of flying one can do.

BenderGonzales said:
I've got an itch to buy a rating in an aircraft i'll probably never get the chance to fly again.

Thought that a seaplane rating would be fun and would give me something to fantasize about for my retirement. I'd like to pair the seaplane training (2 days or so) with a week at a resort for the family and I.

I was kind of hoping for something a little more "tropical".

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Jack Brown SPB, Winter Haven, FL
863-956-2243

Latest resources

Back