• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon EFB's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use them in the 50EX and 900B. I like them better than doing Jepp updates. Since we still print all of our paper charts the EFB is mostly a back-up, a place to store manuals, Ultranav, etc...... I have not actually had use it to navigate.

We have them in our 2000s. I really like them, although the wheel mount takes away some space from those who are *ahem* weight challenged.

The operation of them is great, the display is good (some say it doesn't dim enough), and we operate them with UltraNav and XM weather data. The XM will display over the maps and charts of the JeppView, so it's a great real-time tool for weather and on-the-fly alternates when the weather changes unexpectedly.

I know you asked for manufacturer, sorry I don't know right now, but will look tomorrow and try to post it then.

Regards,
Chris

I use them in the 50EX and 900B. I like them better than doing Jepp updates. Since we still print all of our paper charts the EFB is mostly a back-up, a place to store manuals, Ultranav, etc...... I have not actually had use it to navigate.

What do you use for enroute charts, and do you know what model of EFB you have?

Not a Falcon guy, but we carry the regular paper Jeppesen enroute charts. Although the enroute charts are in PlaneBook (Gulfstream's proprietary EFB) for most pilots orientation is quicker and easier with a larger chart.

GV

We have the CMC Pilotview EFB's in our 900 Easy, they are hard wired ClassII. The nice thing about them is that they have solid state memory, no moving harddisc.

What do you use for enroute charts, and do you know what model of EFB you have?

I find it easier to just pull out the Jepp charts, we are not paperless yet. At some point we will go paperless and I will have to use the EFB. We use the FC-7000 EFB. It works well and I like it. We don't have them mounted, so they kinda get in the way in the 50 cockpit.

Yoke mounted? Who did the installation? STC? Thanks?

The flightbags were installed at the completions center in LIT, they have the STC for it. Mounted on the sides, the tiller is moved back about 6 inches, and they relocated the eyeball vents. You can have a dual or single installation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back