Job Type: Other
Professional Services
Transportation
Required Education: High School
Required Experience: At Least 3 Years
Required Travel: Road Warrior
Relocation Covered: No

Description
Falcon Air Express, a leader in charter aviation, is now accepting resumes for experienced B-727 pilots, flight engineers, flight attendants, currently living in or willing to relocate to the Chicago/O’Hare area. Crews to operate an executive B-727 for DB Air. Prior corporate experience a plus. Interviews to be held in ORD. If interested, fax resume to 305-341-0385 attn: Chief Pilots/ In-Flight Service office NO PHONE CALLS

Was hired for this job and turned it down when I found out more about it. 10 days off a month, 5 of which are moveable and realisitically if they need you you will be expected to work. Also health insurance is over $8000 a year for me and family. Guess the guys they hired instead didn't like it either since it was only 5 months ago they were hiring for these jobs.

Yaks

$8000 a year for medical benies, are your sure? You could get something off the street and on your own.

Their HR department quoted me a figure of 720 dollars per month for myself, my wife and son. I may be able to buy something on my own but doubt the cost would be significantly less and with what they were offering to pay (around $82,000 for a 727 captain) it was not worth it for me when you factor in the move to the Chicago area. Commuting was not an option because of the schedule. It would seem I made the right choice since whoever they hired in September must have quit as they are now hiring for the same position.

It's not a new position, they added an aircraft on the same contract. Went down for the interview two weeks ago, ended up turning it down. Seem to be good people, just don't like the lack of security in the position - jobs like that have a tendency to disappear overnight sometimes and they don't offer the ability to keep the salary and go to their core fleet business of passenger vacation runs.

Latest resources

Back