Falcon 900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearjetGA

I have seen a couple of Falcon 900 with an antenna on top op the tail, what is the purpose of it. Since i haven't seen it on all the Falcon 900, i suppose that it belongs to some communication device (fax, phone, internet)

Just curious

Fly safe

LearjetGA

That "bullet" antenna is for the SATCOM (SAT-Phone, SAT-AFIS, SAT-Fax)... All of my companies planes have them (50EX's and 900EX's)....

It is an option (and an expensive one at that!) I think around $500,000.00 or so...

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Ours also holds the sat tv (direct tv).

Our Hawker's have the AT&T flightphones that are about to be garbage Sept. 1. Anyone have any thoughts on GOOD replacements, not necessarily cheap, but reliable... cost effective.

Our Lear 60s are being outfitted with handheld Satellite phones. Theyre portable so they can be used outside the aircraft

Same here. Our Director was at recurrent and heard about a well known DA-50 operator who had a portable SAT phone installed. Supposedly a hard mounted antenna somewhere on the airframe with a cable running to the chairman's seat and the cockpit. Just plug the phone into the jack and badabing SATCOM!! Best part is, not very expensive to install or use. Our maint. chief is researching it now, I'll try to find out if this is all true or close to it and get back with more specifics.

Rice :cool:

h25b said:
Our Hawker's have the AT&T flightphones that are about to be garbage Sept. 1. Anyone have any thoughts on GOOD replacements, not necessarily cheap, but reliable... cost effective.

MagnaStar with SATCOM. The system automatically tries to make the less expensive VHF connection prior to switching to SATCOM and you can have just about as many lines coming into the jet as you want.

Latest resources

Back