Falcon 50 Vs. Hawker 800XP - need advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My 2 cents

Please remember a few things. The man who started the fractional business had an advanced math degree and studied years of data to refine the algorithm for an efficient (or as efficient as it can be) operation. 2 key factors: not too many planes and employees for your slowest days, yet the ability to handle your busiest non-peak days. That is where the core fleet came in. On the 10 peak days, you may use charter (though it is expensive), but you need to handle the rest of the year efficiently. No owner wants to hear his plane is not available.

That is the main reason why aircraft are better fractional ownership items than what your see now in the marketplace: yachts and homes. If I go away for a Christmas holiday, I do not keep the plane busy the whole week. Just a few hours and we all leave at different times. We can't all spend Christmas on our frax yacht.

Make sure your numbers work. There is a huge difference between co-ownership (i.e., several people own the plane) and true fractional.

Good luck; p.m. me if you want. I have alot of experience with business plans from all side.

Latest resources

Back