• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50 versus Hawker 800XP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One last thing. The Falcon has trailing link landing gear. The Hawker does not. The Falcon will make you look like a better pilot. The Hawker will make you a better pilot:rolleyes:.

As I am currently flying the Falcon 900EX and having flown the HS125.... The Hawker is a very deliberate plane. You have to pick it up and put it where you want. Stable... will make you look good. Maybe even an Old Mans Airplane. The Falcon on the otherhand is a pilots plane. Very light on the controls, you will do just about everything with trim only. Ours is 9 years old and we have only been AOG 1 time in those 9 years. But the landing gear is stiff... and it is very difficult to make a landing that you will be happy with.

High, Hot, and Heavy... The Falcon will make the trip, where the Hawker will need a tech stop to get home.

It is all about the mighty dollar... and the fact that there is no perfect airplane.

LB

As I am currently flying the Falcon 900EX and having flown the HS125.... The Hawker is a very deliberate plane. You have to pick it up and put it where you want. Stable... will make you look good. Maybe even an Old Mans Airplane. The Falcon on the otherhand is a pilots plane. Very light on the controls, you will do just about everything with trim only. Ours is 9 years old and we have only been AOG 1 time in those 9 years. But the landing gear is stiff... and it is very difficult to make a landing that you will be happy with.

High, Hot, and Heavy... The Falcon will make the trip, where the Hawker will need a tech stop to get home.

It is all about the mighty dollar... and the fact that there is no perfect airplane.

LB

It's funny you talk about the 900's landings. We had a older 900EX and it was more luck than skill that got us a smooth landing. We have a new 900EX and it is a world of difference in the landings. Much easier to get a smooth one in the new aircraft. It's a mystery to me....

I operated an 800XP for many years and it is a solid airplane. The luggage space is a little small but overall it is a great plane. If your typical mission is 1000 miles or less you will have no problem operating out of a 5000 feet (@ SL). We operated ours out of Florida and in the summer time we needed about 6500 feet if we were near max take off weight but that gave us enough fuel for over 6 hours of flying. Whatever you decide I am glad your operation is looking to upgrade instead of the alternative.:)

Saturday I flew Seattle-Tampa in our straight 50. Took off with 14500lbs of fuel (not full) and flew the whole trip at Mach.82. Landed with 3200lbs. Flight time 5:02.
Try that in the Hawker. Also, don't underestimate the convenience of baggage capacity that isn't loaded through the pax door.

The 50 has a backup APU.:D

Saturday I flew Seattle-Tampa in our straight 50. Took off with 14500lbs of fuel (not full) and flew the whole trip at Mach.82. Landed with 3200lbs. Flight time 5:02.
Try that in the Hawker. Also, don't underestimate the convenience of baggage capacity that isn't loaded through the pax door.

No doubt the F50 is a great airplane, just would want to pay the operating cost on one. :erm:

Goog info.

If you do out and backs of less than 1000 nm with 7 PAX, the Hawker would be fine. Baggage becomes an issue at times. DOCs are less as well.

The 50 would be my choice if you sometimes did longer flights than 1000 nm, more than 7 pax, and flew over water with some RONs. Then I would go with the 50 hands down. The 50 EX would be even sweeter.

Maybe it would be cheaper/better to go with the Hawker and charter something bigger if/when you need it or make the tech stop.

Latest resources

Back