• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50 series questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
50EX can't go straight to FL410 following a max weight takeoff?

Yes it can. G200 just likes slamming the 731's on almost all of the Falcon's.
Now that said, yeah if you were in a condition where you had to have the heats on going through the HIGH 30's the climb rate does peter out but I've rarely had trouble getting to 410.
Doing .82m with the heats on at FL410 is an entirely different matter.

Now that said, yeah if you were in a condition where you had to have the heats on going through the HIGH 30's the climb rate does peter out but I've rarely had trouble getting to 410.

Do the Falcons have a SAT when the wings don't need to be on in visible moisture...say -40c or something like that? What about EAI?

Sorry for the 20 questions...we're in the VERY preliminary stages of evaluating the 50EX and I'm trying to learn as well.

Owner says he wants to go younger (than 1989) and more economical. But by that I think he means he wants shorter runway performance from what I gather when I talk to him. He mentioned the Falcon 200 haha.

stop defending the new bird Ricer....:p

It wont be pretty climbing outta an Indian monsoon with those POS 731s working overtime to reach FL330 with SAT+20, wings on, and Tstorms all around..done it too many times in Asia and S America to have any respect for that engine/airframe combo..82? heck you be lucky to be doing .72 and hanging on in the turbulence if you push a 900ex past FL330 in those conditions...:)

731 Falcons are fine out of Aspen, cross continent, short runways etc, but total junk past the high 20's with any sig. fuel load, high temps, and weather.

There's a reason Dassault ditched them when they finally made a long range airframe....those engines were made for Learjet size jets.

Now, what makes you think I dislike them?

:cool::crying:

Anyhow, how IS the new plane?

Last edited:
Speaking of turb (not turd) .... Falcons do ride the turbulence better than just about any other type. BUT gimmee my Rolls any day of the week.

Speaking of turb (not turd) .... Falcons do ride the turbulence better than just about any other type. BUT gimmee my Rolls any day of the week.

Not really Fido...its just that ANYTHING rides the turbulence better than your Gulfstream...:)

Bear with me, I'm on a roll here today.

:laugh:

And I agree on the Rolls, never had a problem taking a fully loaded GLEX through the weather to FL 410 and .85....its called appropriate power. Like most things in life, ya get what ya pay for....:)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back