• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
400a,

sorry if I came off hard on 135.
Sorry, it does suck.
OK, it feeds your family, etc....thats great. Im glad you are able to in this market today.

20hr back to back duty days Part 91?
rememeber, real corporate outfots have Operations rules similar to 135 rules, including duty time limitations. These rules ARE NOT bent or broken for anyone, including the CEO. They are there for the same reason yours are. Safety and Standardization.

The rules never bothered me about 135, I was refering to the type of operators who go 135 to justify keeping thier aircraft (working YOU to death) 99% of these jobs suck. I have worked for very low end 135 and larger Intl management companies. They are all the same....

You are right, you never know when you would have to do it again to make money, but I sure hope that day never comes.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gulfstream 200

That was my point exactly,, just as you have a good and responsible part 91 operation, there are MANY good 135 operators that do not abuse their crews.

Your own comments prove my point, it does not matter what rules you fly under, it is who you work for.. While we may be PUKES, we fly a very nice, very low time aircraft and are looking at a brand new one. we fly 100 hours part 91, and 400 hours part 135. we have 3 pilots and a dispatcher. no office duties (other than myself as D.O.) we get lots of scheduled days off. our aircraft is also only factory maintained.

my point was not to be confrontational with you, just raise the point that any job can suck outloud,,, I have seen (and had) as many rotten 91 jobs as i have 135. I also got a huge amount of job leads while doing 135. that is how I got this one.

It does sound like that one sucks though!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back