Falcon 50 Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mr.Doolittle

I saw that Northrop is looking for DA 50 pilots. What happened to the guys that used to fly them. I thought that Pro Pilots Cover story proclaimed a G R Reat flight dept. Did those guys think otherwise????????

they seem to be advertising for pilots fairly often....
sounded like a pretty spread out operation, maybe some places have quicker turnovers? If I recall they were also on a 135 certificate (NOOO THANKS)....

Of course ProPilot said it was a great department...what are they going to say.."we fly all the time for low pay and do charters to fill in any days off" "Our job sucks"...of course not. Im not saying that is the case...but you know what I mean!

Hey, it may be a great job, depends where you come from, right??

With them number of guys on the street right now, a DA50 job for a stable defense contractor cant be THAT bad !!!!

DA50

It seems that the guys in the take over got the shaft. The director over there, Pollack, screwed things up so bad. He tried to turn those guys into 135 pukes. I heard through the vine that they had great jobs in cleveland. Saw the world, great schedueling and very well kept 50's. I'd rather be out on the streets than prostituting myself.

Re: DA50

Mr.Doolittle said:
It seems that the guys in the take over got the shaft. The director over there, Pollack, screwed things up so bad. He tried to turn those guys into 135 pukes. I heard through the vine that they had great jobs in cleveland. Saw the world, great schedueling and very well kept 50's. I'd rather be out on the streets than prostituting myself.

So you are answering your own question here???

HHhhmmm... Interesting...

I talked to their New Orleans CP a few years ago when they were looking for an Excel pilot. He flat out told me that pay was "below what I would expect" but they had a good pension plan. I decided not to pursue it any farther, especially with a seemingly negative statement from the CP.

Just my $0.02

2000Flyer

Asking about a department but you know the scoop from all the insiders??

If you know its a bad job, why apply or be concerned? I mean...one does not have to look far to find a crappy job in the 135 world!

Pro Pilot??? remember....last month they had an article about a department who flew Learjets to Europe and the crew slept in the "berthable" learjet...ya know, caught a few hours of rest then flew home to Colorado or something! ALL departments interviewed all say how great it is....what else can they say I guess..

When a company as big as Northrop supplements thier flying by being on a 135 certificate (and USING it) its usually a clear sign to RUN (not walk) away fromt that gig ASAP!!

(just an opinion!)

Valid Opinion

Your opinion is a valid one. But you see there is a problem here. There are a lot of pilots that read Pro Pilot to gather information to advance their careers. This magazine needs to do more research on who they report on. Why is it that most flight dept. managers wont use the PP surveys?? Bad info.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back