Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
We're looking to purchase a Falcon 50 s/n in the 160's. The airplane has the Sperry A/P and EFIS with Globals. Any of you experienced Falcon guys have any thoughts, inputs, cautions, warnings, etc. that we ought to consider. You know how dealing with brokers can be - "I know exactly what you need and it just so happens that I have one sitting in my hangar..."

'Sled

Sled why the 160's? Seems kinda limited.

I have not heard a lot great about Sperry Avionics, but I do not have experience with them.

Good luck. Your trips to HI will be much more relaxing.

G100driver said:
Sled why the 160's? Seems kinda limited.

I have not heard a lot great about Sperry Avionics, but I do not have experience with them.

Good luck. Your trips to HI will be much more relaxing.
No, were looking at a particular airplane. I was told that the serial number was "160 something"

Great airplane..... Its a 3 hole falcon.... The straight 50 is a great airplane... I assume that it has Global GNX-XLS.. That a pretty user friendly system... I would prefer something else in a 50 but it does a good job..... I have all of the manuals on CD rom if you need more info... Here are some performance numbers...

Slats+Flaps 20 Sea level

Gross Weight 40,700
40C

V1 = 120
VrV2 = 127
VFR(flap retract) = 142
BFL = 7000

Now.... Normal ops.... Sea Level
20-30 degrees C
standard bow - 22000 - 22600
34000 to 36000 TOW
V1 = 101
VRV2 = 116
VFR = 131
BFL = 3650
Vref = 124-127 (34000 - 36000lbs) Slats +Flaps 48
Lnd Distance = 3100'

The airplane does pretty well.... The engines are a little temp sensitive to ISA + 10 days.... I just got out of Falcon 50EX school... WOW what an airplane!!!! If you can get one of those are even a retro 50 with the -40 motors that would be great... If you need more info PM me...

Sperry avionics are fine, just different. I actually prefer the Sperry steam gauges to the Collins... the EFIS is about the same as Collins, with a few minor differences.

I don't know how parts availability is for Sperry, however.

Latest resources

Back