• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nocturnal1

Master of the Cowbell
Hey Folks,
Just wondering what a new Falcon 50 Captain might be paid? Can't find the Pro Pilot Salary survey. Thanks in advance.

Rocky mtn region $80-90k/ NY,NJ,CT $100-150k/ Chicago $90k but thats just an educated guess/ FL $90k or so I was told about a recent job/ CA $75k and up, think this was 135.
Hope that helps.

Thanks "Rice" and FokkerFlyer". Checked on the web and ProPilot wanted $20 for the salary issue. Guess I'll hang on to it this year. My best to you both.

70-80K in the Northeast??

Sounds about 30K low there...

I would say 100-120K is more like it.

Ok, I give up....

what is a "new captain" ?

Do they get paid less that a "pre-owned" captain? or an "old" captain?

Let me word it this way....

If you are THE GUY ULTIMATLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLANE (my defintion of Capt.) 75K is way low in the NE area. If you are really an SIC with a type rating (is that a "new captain"?) than 80K would be a good start.....

G200-

Let's not get into a pi$$ing contest here. Nocturnal asked for a salary range for a new captain, which in my eyes is someone with a fresh type and no real experience, or someone

Sorry, clicked the wrong button, wasn't quite done.

Anyway, I live in the NE and started lower than that a few years ago, mainly because I came out of a smaller jet and my experience level wasn't quite there.

I do agree strongly with you that the pay should be over 100K, but you'll be amazed how many 50guys aren't even close.

Just being realistic, that's all.

FF

OK, so you are describing a type rated SIC??

YES I agree 75-80K is a good start, as said before.

Also depends where in the NE you work out of..salaries in New Hampshire or Maine may differ greatly from say...KTEB.

Not invoking a pi$$ing contest, just NO WAY a DA50 Captain (as in signing for a responsible for A/C) needs to be making 75K in he NYC area....

Latest resources

Back