Falcon 2000ex easy/900ex Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daveflier

Hoping someone can help me with the numbers. I don't have access to NBAA and am trying to find some information for a friend.

1. What is international CA pay for 2000ex easy?

2. What is international CA pay for 900ex?

3. Is there usually a premium added to pay if you are qualified in both?

4. Does domicile affect pay? If so, how does living in the greater NY city area affect the pay rate?

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

NY Metro:

I know 2000 pilots making 100K, I know 900EX pilots making 160K...most INTL PIC's I know (Gulfstream, Global, Falcons) are in the 140-170k range.

Not many places give more for being qualified on multiple aircraft, but I would certainly take that into account on how it may affect your QOL...

All metro areas are expensive - NY LA Chicago etc...I always laugh at pilots who justify low pay because the job is outside the "NY Metro area"...any nice suburban area is going to be expensive. Expect to live 1-2hrs from TEB or 1hr or so from HPN to live in the decent, pilot affordable areas.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
My buddy flys a Falcon 2000 out east and makes 140K... so he says.

Gulfstream 200.... You come across as such a C@ck about 90% of the time....

Just Sayin'

Thanks for the info guys. Im wondering if anyone out there has the actual published average numbers. I realize actual amount and quality of life vary greatly from job to job but im really looking for a hard number.

Thanks

Daveflier said:
Im wondering if anyone out there has the actual published average numbers.

You aren't going to find airplane-specific figures in geographically-specific areas.

Stanton 2009 shows 2000DX/EX Captain average base salary is $106.5k weighted/$107.8k unweighted. 900/900EX Captain average base salary is $118k weighted/$117.3k unweighted.

Stanton 2009 also shows Northeast Jet Captain (region-only, not type-specific) base salary at $120.9k weighted/$123.1k unweighted.

These figures are nationwide average of reporting company salaries.

Cost of living in NYC looks to be something like 40% higher than the national average...so that should be enough to get you in the ballpark.

Thanks for the info guys. Im wondering if anyone out there has the actual published average numbers. I realize actual amount and quality of life vary greatly from job to job but im really looking for a hard number.

Thanks

NBAA 2010

Senior Captain Base Salary
Jet III (Falcon 2000) Avg $103,149 Min-Max $59,000-$177,000
Jet IV (Falcon 900) Avg $127,626 Min-Max $80,000-$196,824

Captain Base Salary
Jet III Avg $97,518 Min-Max $48,000-$177,000
Jet IV Avg $$118,650 Min-Max $78,000-$196,824

These numbers don't break down what may or may not be given for international duites, flying multiple aircraft, or living in the Northeast. One might assume an international captain living in the most expensive areas in the country flying multiple types would be on the high end of those ranges.

Latest resources

Back