Falcon 20 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjcap

Is there a differences program to add the Falcon 50 or Falcon 900 to the Falcon 20 ( DA20 ) type rating ??

I am asking because someone who has a DA 20 rating claims he has quite a bit of time in a 900.

Thanks

i am sure that it is a separate rating. He could have time in the plane without a rating, so it is possible. :)

The Falcon 50 and Falcon 900 are a single-type DA50. The falcon 20 is a different type.

There is NOT a differences course. The person would need a full initial for the DA50 type.

There is differences training for the various models covered under DA50 though for folks transitioning say, from a Falcon 50 to a Falcon 900.

Some companies (very few) have insurance that allows them to do an SIC checkout. I have a friend of mine who is a falcon rated pilot and does contract work in a 45 for a company based at his home field. He's not typed in the 45. Probably has over 100 hours in it, possibly more, I'm not sure maybe more.

Some companies (very few) have insurance that allows them to do an SIC checkout....

WOW, I didn't think ANY of the big underwriters allowed this anymore.

But I suspect if you don't carry much liability...

I know Global, USAIG, AIG, etc...requires a 12 month sim based recurrent for our operation...and I can get special auth up to 18 months IF the pilot is previously qualified, etc....

Interesting...I didn't think anyone flews these planes around with FO's that only received the part 61 bounces, etc...

This is the only company that I know of that does this. They are a four acft operator and have had a flight department for quite a while. Only thing I figure is they have had the same insurance for a long time and maybe grandfathered in. I really have no idea how they do it, but I've talked to the CP and he did confirm that their ins allows it. Crazy, I know, but it's true!!

My company does this as well. I don't see what the big deal is. If you tell them you can fly airplanes they expect you to be able fly airplanes. Learn the limitations, learn the memory items, run the checklist. It's the same for every airplane. Besides, quite a few bold face items are the same no matter what airplane you fly. I'd guess that 99% of all turbine aircraft have the same memory items for "smoke". O2 mask - DON, select EMER flow, Smoke goggles - DON, comms - ESTABLISH, checklist.

Last edited:
DA-50 initial type can be done in a DA-900A, B or C, or a DA-50 or DA-50EX. If you did an initial type in one of these aircraft you could do a 10 day differences course in one of the others.

The DA-20 is a completely different type and I know of no DA-20 to DA-50 transition course offered by either FSI or CAE.

Latest resources

Back