• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 20 Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many people are out there that meet their mins of 1000 turbojet, 1000 helicopter and a Falcon type rating and isnt furloughed from an airline. Sounds like they are trying to get a 2 for 1 deal

Well when you fly only 150 hours per year in the Falcon and work about 8 days a month, and the helicopter is about 2 days a week, this isnt a very demanding job, but is probably the best corporate job out there( people and fun) and sometimes in the corporate arena you do more than one job. Also the helicopter isnt there yet but probably will be soon. I am the Chief Pilot here until the 28th, when I will start with SWA.

It was the flight departments and management, the reason for this is they will eventually have to spend 10-15k per year on recurrent training. Makes a Chief Pilot look bad and also the budget when you spend the money on an individual and then their number gets recalled. This is a permanent position and very long term flight department(ie. a career). I wouldnt think you will find to many people that will resign their seniority # for a corporate job. The reason for the minimums the way they are is Insurance.

Well

Glad it wasn't yours. Some furloughed airline pilots can make two years committments and won't leave if they get recalled. In addition since I have been layed off from several corporate jobs, it boths me when corporations play high and mighty acting like their jobs are guaranteed for long term periods. There not. Most of us are aware flight departments and pilots are the first to go. Congrats on SWA, welcome to the ALPA brotherhood.

Humble

industry standard

I've just left a company flying falcon 20's/10's and am curious of what exactly "industry standard" is in the NEW area. Is this the 20 that is based at MillionAir at NEW?

[email protected]

Latest resources

Back