Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJET44

NEED THE INFO...............

Most places that I worked, 121/135/91, required the airplane to be stabilized (configured, Ref+10, on course, etc.) by 1000 HAT in IMC. We have the same thing here, BUT, in 20, nonprecision approaches are done with flaps 25 and 140kts and our Op's Specs don't address this.

Just curious how most word their Op's sec to address this exception?????

Fee Free to PM.

Thanks in advance,
J-

We teach at USA Jet, FAA approved in DA-20 AOM, NPA, ref+20, flaps 25, stablized at MDA. Visual approaches stablized at 500' AGL, and Precision approaches stablized at 1,000'

We teach at USA Jet, FAA approved in DA-20 AOM, NPA, ref+20, flaps 25, stablized at MDA. Visual approaches stablized at 500' AGL, and Precision approaches stablized at 1,000'

What if the RWY isn't in sight? Procedures state that you do not configure until landing is assured, hence at MDA with the runway not in sight (landing isn't assured) how do you meet the stabilized criteria.

I guess I could open this discussion to all aircraft operators who don't configure full flaps at FAF.

NPA Stablizied approach

What if the RWY isn't in sight? Procedures state that you do not configure until landing is assured, hence at MDA with the runway not in sight (landing isn't assured) how do you meet the stabilized criteria.

I guess I could open this discussion to all aircraft operators who don't configure full flaps at FAF.
Flaps 25
AS +-5kts of target
Steady descent or level
On approach course
If the RW is picked up close in land flaps 25, further out at pilot's option configure to flaps 40.

Yeah, like Yip said... Just add 5 kts to your ref and you are configured to land at flaps 25, theoretically.

Full flaps is not necessarily required to be a stablized apporach.

Ok I think that I have what I need. Like I said in the beginning, I need something in our Ops spec's to address this. I'm somewhat new to my flight department and I'm catching little things out of place that need to be addressed.

I'm just going to change the wording under stabilized approach to flaps in the approach configuration instead of landing config.

Cherry,
flaps 25 isn't an option for us because we fly into some short runways with only Nonprecision approaches.
Thanks to all, I knew what I was looking for but couldn't seen to find it. With your help and the Flight Safety Foundation, I've got what I need.
J-

Latest resources

Back