• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

falcon 10 or 100?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually saw one not too long ago that had leading edge slats.....pretty nice looking one.

All have leading edge slats which contribute to the low ref #'s. Good airplane, we just brought our third one (all DA-10's) on-line two weeks ago with rumors floating of a fourth (but as we all know, believe it when you see it).

Range, I think that the brokers advertise it at 16-1800NM but we've found realistic numbers (for ours, serial #'s 158, 163, and 178) to be closer to 12-1400NM (those number our based on our company policy which requires us to land with 1200lbs of fuel in the tanks and you've only got 5900lbs total. We usually see burns from 600-800lbs per side at altitude at .80M). #'s 158 and 178 have the -2C engine mod which I would highly recommend for several reasons which I won't go into unless you really want me to.

Toilet is for emergency use only...I'm not kidding.

On one of ours we will fill it with 8 pax (I don't mind, my seat up front always has the same amount of space but in the back it's like a cattle car) probably once or twice a month.

A decent amount of baggage space as long as you know how to pack. If you don't, and you do get a 10, you will learn unless your boss and his family or business folks travel light. My record is 4 golf bags along with 6 roller bags! The aft baggage mod is nice since it moves the batts and gives you more space, all of ours have this.

The 10 doesn't have a fuel cap, every line guy will come up and tell you this so you don't think he lost it.

Cruise #'s .82-.84M all day long. Though I have had several trips where I darn near set off the overspeed horn at .87 (on those trips we cruised at .86 the whole time). Those speeds are not the norm though. Yes, I'll admit it, I've rung the bell twice...something about the barberpole being a goal, not a limitation. :)

The airplane is a dream to fly...I love it! I would retire in this airplane if someone would pay me enough! It's definitely a sports car...it handles great!

Cruise altitudes of 35-38K are easy. We've done 410 on several occasions to avoid wx, winds, what have you, but even though we could maintain .81, the plane just didn't seem as comfortable up there.

Did I get it all? I'm sure I didn't so send some more questions and I'll be glad to try and help.

Oh yeah, if you can find one with AUX HEAT, buy it!! Only one of ours has this but it's great in the winter!! Just plug the GPU in or start an engine and let the warm air flow!!
Obvious drawback is no APU...so make sure you have an FMS you are comfortable with and that you can program quickly so you're not wasting a lot of time sitting on the ramp! :)

FI

Hugh Johnson said:
The boss liked the plane because it was fast. Unfortunately, there weren't that many built before the 20 came on line.

The 10's we're developed and built AFTER the early 20's. The first 10 came online around 73 or 74. That's a good 10 years nearly after the first 20.

ultrarunner said:
The 10's we're developed and built AFTER the early 20's. The first 10 came online around 73 or 74. That's a good 10 years nearly after the first 20.
I meant to mention this...with the 10 they fixed a number of problems/complaints that people had with the 20's.

The 10 was a fun airplane. I enjoyed flying it. I wouldn't mind flying one again.

Realistically, though, the Lear 35 is better in almost every way, with the exception of cruise speed (if you need to get more than 1000nm out of the 10 you're back at .76-.78 anyway, just like the Lear) and landing numbers.

some_dude said:
The 10 was a fun airplane. I enjoyed flying it. I wouldn't mind flying one again.

Realistically, though, the Lear 35 is better in almost every way, with the exception of cruise speed (if you need to get more than 1000nm out of the 10 you're back at .76-.78 anyway, just like the Lear) and landing numbers.
Never flown the lear but the 10's range really depends on the winds (obviously). We recently did a CYYC-KCMI leg of nearly 1300NM at .80M without a significant tailwind (landed pretty light though, but with company required reserves).
KDET-KMIA is easy, let 'er rip! While our average leg is around 6-700NM, we do get to stretch it out to 1000+/- on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back