• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA To Large Fliers: Leave Seatbelt Extenders Home

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote: Peggy Howell, spokeswoman for the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, says airlines often run short of extenders on a flight.

That, she says, can add to the embarrassment or frustration large passengers already face when they fly, such as being required to pay for two seats in some instances, she says. "Sometimes the airline doesn't have very many of them," Howell says. "Sometimes it's embarrassing to ask someone."

The embarrassment should come from lacking self control and taking no pride in personal appearance. Having an organization to accept obesity is dead wrong. Obesity kills as many as does smoking. Obese people can't live a normal life, can"t do things most people do, they have higher rates of illness and and joint pain and replacement, and this is what the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance endorses by their misguided charter. Lose the weight, throw away the belt extenders and start to live a full, active life in helping others instead of being a burden to others.

Sometimes the airline doesn't have very many of them," usually because "large passengers" have snuck them into thier handbag and walked off the plane with them.
At 70$ a pop FA's have too keep a watch on them and risk embarrassing "large Pax" even more when they have to ask for them back.

most that are sold on the net are stolen from most all the airlines If passengers are that large they should be charged for the belt as a fee instead of the airlines paying to replace them just saying

Many companies have long sold extenders for about $50 to $80. But the FAA said in its notice that it's concerned they may not be inspected and maintained as well as those the airlines use.

The agency said they "should not be used," even ones marketed as "FAA-approved" or "FAA-safe."
Doesn't this set a precedent for banning our personal TSO'd headsets since the operator doesn't have a maintenance program for them?

It's the law of unintended consequences...

Doesn't this set a precedent for banning our personal TSO'd headsets since the operator doesn't have a maintenance program for them?

It's the law of unintended consequences...

I lke where you are going with this. I cannot actively maintain my headset and it may get dropped from time to time. I think the airline is going to have to supply and maintain my headset.

Latest resources

Back